Bag Tag Rules
The Bag tags are meant to add a little competitive fun for casual and tournament play for Disc Golf Club Zuidrand members. They are a symbol of your involvement and support for disc golf in the Zuidrand region and Flanders in general. If you find yourself becoming very serious about tags, please take a moment to remember what you are getting upset over. Playing for tags can be a great way to add some friendly competition and identity to our group. Please, please, please don’t ruin the enjoyment by being too serious about it.
- Tags are always in play during singles competition.
- Players may agree to play for tags in other formats as well.
- Format and rules should be agreed upon before the round.
- When bag tags are exchanged, it is important to report this back to us by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a message to Jeroen on the number +32498611709. This way we can regularly keep the ranking you can follow on the website up to date.
- In order for Bag Tag challenge play to work, all reasonable challenges must be accepted.
- Only a player who has already been challenged cannot be challenged again by anyone else until the first one has been completed.
- Challenges are to be made by choosing times and courses that are reasonable and have to be completed within two weeks.
- The higher Bag Tag number challenges the lower Bag Tag number.
- Challenges may be made by phone, computer, or in person.
- If the challenger wins the round, the tags are exchanged. Ties are won by the holder of the lower bag tag at the beginning of the round. However, players may agree to a playoff instead (this must be agreed upon before the start of the round).
- If a player does not complete a bag tag challenge round, the exiting player should trade tags with the player with the highest tag number.
Tournament/League/Large Group Rounds
- In tournament, league, or large group rounds, all tags are in play. If players are playing different layouts, tags shall be in play amongst the players in each group playing the same set of layouts.
- After the tournament, tags should be collected by the player with the lowest tag number or whoever is willing. Tags shall be distributed again based on total score for the tournament.
- Any ties will result in the lower tag going to the player who started with a lower number.
If you have any questions, you can always contact us. Please also let us know if you should lose your tag.